It is that time of year again and WMH Executive is working to get a modified hockey season up and running this year! In order to plan for our season we need potential players to decide if they are going to participant or not. Please review the information in this article and any attachments to help with your decision.
Please contact Lisa Neves at lisamatheson1[email protected]
with any registration questions or concerns.
Hello WMH families,
I hope this finds you healthy and well. We are certainly living in unprecedented times. Things are changing day to day and the executive is working on developing a plan for the upcoming season based on guidelines provided by OMHA, OHF, The Town of North Perth and the Huron Perth Health Unit.
In order to continue with planning we need to know player’s intent to play hockey or not based on given the guidelines as well as the unknown of Covid19.
Based on the information below and attached, please respond ASAP.
Year of Birth:
Are you willing to play hockey this season:
Are you willing to play games as outlined below:
Are you interested in coaching/assisting/training/managing a team this year?
- Please include all children in your household, including those who will be new to WMH this year.
- Please forward this email to any new families looking to join WMH (new to area or new to hockey).
- Please reply even if you do NOT intent on playing, for ease of communication.
- The number of those wanting to participate will determine which programs will run and how.
- Tracking of attendance of all games and practises is mandatory at all times in case of outbreak
- Depending on Town of North Perth guidelines and current stage – spectators may not be allowed or limited – see attached for facility guidelines.
- A ‘bubble’ of teams can be created with a max of 5 teams within same health unit (ie. Listowel, Howick, Brussels etc depending on number of teams per centre)
- Teams will be a max of 9 players+1 goalie (no exceptions)
- 4v4 or 3v3 play during games
- Max of 30 people on ice when divided by boards, 15 when using whole ice
- No contact, remain 1 stick length apart
- No offside, no icing, no penalties (penalty shots instead)
- No face offs
- 1.5 min shifts with buzzer
- 5 min warmup, 2x21 min. Periods, 1 min intermission
- Cross ice play with a center region being the bench to allow of social distancing
- 1 coach and 1 trainer on ice per team
OMHA Guidelines: https://mailchi.mp/omha/aug14centre-mail-145143?e=e02ed059ef
If you have any questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer based on the information we have now. As with all things during this time, it will be a dynamic process that may have to be changed or adjusted based on new information.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this,